Why is a Consultant necessary for initiating an Integrated Management System
Running any Business imposes managing a variety of functions such as manufacturing, marketing, finance, and many others. And, these in turn raise sets of issues that have to be addressed. For example safety of processes is to be considered in manufacturing; while the cost of such safety is an issue for finance. Thus, the objectives of different departments are often a source of conflict.
An Integrated Management System (IMS) is a single smart system that is holistic. Every segment of an organization impacts another, and IMS optimizes profits with an eye on social and environmental considerations. IMS is based on the philosophy that greater benefit accrues when a company’s management functions mesh in a harmonious manner rather than when they operate as individual management systems in parallel.
By taking into account the impact of one part of the organization on another, it optimizes the overall functioning of the organization. Integrated Management Systems thus cut down idle time, redundancies, and reduce costs.
Headquartered in Sydney, PQAS is a Management Systems Consultant that customizes such integrated systems for businesses. Integration can be both intra (between different functional areas of the same company) or inter (between different corporate entities as in mergers; or even partnerships).
Why can IMS Consultancy be essential – a list
- Integrated management systems are complex affairs. To begin with, cohesion needs to be examined with a holistic eye and developed into a whole new set of policies, processes, procedures, and documentation.
- Awareness Training has to be conducted at all levels. This includes creating acceptance of forthcoming changes – dealing with the why and where – and overcoming objections.
- Arriving at Policy and Spelling it out. Exact (unambiguous) Policy Directives with end-Objectives have to be prepared with every aspect examined. These would include such diverse issues as Quality, Health Safety, Information Security, Environment, Stakeholder Aspirations and so much more. Then they have to be provided with a feedback loop to be utilized for further correction.
- Expertise: The consultant brings its expertise and vast experience in other companies and situations. They are already familiar with past such processes and can tailor appropriate solutions. Hit and trial are minimized.
- Quicker Analysis and Implementation: For the very reasons given above.
- Sustaining the Integration Process / Mentoring and Monitoring: Internal change tends to run out of steam. Outside agencies augment persuasion and/or correction.
- Quality assurance certification: Customers, vendors, and stakeholders of all types prefer to deal with organizations that can rightfully claim to be operating on an Integrated Management System. PQAS is a consultancy that can provide the requisite certifications.
Last but not least, by initiating IMS by the PQAS route, companies would save resources, both energy, and money, rather than through reinventing the wheel.