Successful business organizations have realized the benefits of Safety Management System at workplaces that remain safer and healthier, and many have opted for an integrated approach by linking or combining the environmental and quality management systems. Establishing a formalized and comprehensive processes concerning health & safety at the workplace not only ensures the well-being of the employees but also security to your financial assets that further help in increasing the efficiency & productivity of the system, save money, and also reduces the errors or accidents.
But the main difficulty which organizations face while implementing the Safety Management Systems is, though, where to start from? This is where the role of Safety Management System Consultants comes in.
PQAS, a renowned Safety Management System Consultancy firm, will be a perfect partner for your organization, who can advise you on from where to start, what to do, and how to do it. Here they have mentioned some of the steps that organization should take when they plan for Safety management implementation,
- Organizations Commitment – The importance of workplace safety start with its awareness among organizations work-force. The best way to do is to club it with the company’s vision and value; it should be made a priority as an organizational goal. This is done by the top management, where their actions and words reflect those values. They need to work out on proper procedures and guidelines for safety & health.
- Proper Assessment of Hazards & Risks at Workplace – No procedure can be made and laid without assessment, the same is applicable here too. It is recommended that organizations should take the professional help on this and hire Safety Management System Consultants to do a proper workplace assessment of risks or hazards because they will check it anonymously from every possible angle and perspective. Although employees feedback in assessment is also necessary because they are working there for long and can give more insights. But only a professional can make the distinction between activity or processes (systems or machinery), workplace (building design/layout), and environmental hazards (health risks/air quality) which is important for making procedural guidelines.
- Document The Designed Protocols – Once you are done with an accurate assessment of workplace risks or hazards, organizations should create the safety guidelines and related program for implementation, which should be written and documented for employees. Everything should be stated as requirements, accountabilities’ and responsibilities with the defined job description. Once you have well-written protocol documentation ready it decreases the opportunities of misinterpretation and ambivalence among employees.
- Employee Training – Once organizations workplace safety guidelines are created, it’s time to get the employees acquainted with them. The organization should train their employees on every new guideline or on every change that is being introduced into the organization for their successful implementation.
- Evaluate and Improve – Once you implement the guideline laid under the Safety Management System program, always evaluate the processes and recommend changes if any improvement area is identified. Evaluation and improvement are critical to avoid any unfortunate incidents or accidents because it helps the organizations to determine the cause and resolution of any issue.
Proper governance is very essential while going for the Safety Management System. A Safety Management System Consultants at PQAS are experienced and worked on diverse industries that can help your organizations to formulate, design, develop, and implement a viable and effective program for Safety Management System at the workplace cost-effectively